Thursday, August 17, 2006

LA

Well, after the flight out of Tenessee being delayed 1 1/2 hours, back to New York and I went to the hotel at JFK, a bit rougher area, interesting...

Then up at 3.30am to catch my 7am flight, USA is stillon Orange Alert, no delays leaving though, I slept all of the way to LA.

I am staying at the Wilshire Grand in Downtown LA, and I have woken up with a cold and feel like utter crap, let me tellyou it is hardto be a power tourist while feeling like a pile of trash.

Caught the train to Longbeach and saw the Queen Mary, the train trip was interesting, through rougher neighbourhoods....

I had an early night..

I don't like LA much, it seems dirty, there are beggers everywhere in the street.

I have caught the train to Hollywood today, bloody tourists everywhere, did a tour and saw the stars homes, went past Dianna Ross's Beverly Hills place as well as Mel Gibson and heaps of others, they could be anyones house I suppose, they could tell you anything. Took a photo of the Hollywood sign (through thick smog) and am just wandering aroung Hollywood Drive, we drove through Rodeo Drive and saw all the expensive shops, didn't see any stars.

Well I still feel like crap, am taking lots of drugs to feel better.

I have another night downtown then am moving out to the venice Beach area for a couple of days then off to Vegas, am catching a shuttle (bus) , it is a 5 hour trip and cost me $41 (bargain).

Chris

No comments: