Sunday, August 13, 2006

Rogersville, Tenessee

Small town America is really not that small, the population of the town is around 5000, but the area is around 55,000, it has a Walmart which is huge and sells everything, a lot like Kmart or Target, but the one extra bit is the Hunting section, you can get all of your camoflauge gear, plus knives and guns, I was thinking of getting me a new 44 Magnum.

Had dinner last night at the local restaurant, had a lovely chicken filet with onion rings, it was great. The food is quite fatty and salty, we are having a buffet expreience tonight, I am told I need to experience "obese America".

The local town is just like you see on TV, quaint little houses (which are bigger than they seem as everyone has a basement and a loft), so the houses are 3 times bigger than they seem, a lot of people have American flags flying.

I ended up sleeping till nearly midday, probably because of the restful sleep I had on the airport floor.

Well have got to go, I have tourist things to do

Chris

No comments: