Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Washington DC

Arrived in DC (as the locals call it) today, it is nothing like New York, it is a bit like Canberra I think, no high rise, but the biggest buildings I have ever seen, one building takes up whole blocks..and like Canberra and not at all like New York (which never sleeps) DC seems very sleepy at first glance..

Have been to the White House, I knocked but George was not at home..then my (new) camera died, the camera shop said they could have it back to me in about 12 weeks...so Im now the proud owner of 2 cameras, one that works and one that doesn't..

I had lunch with a friend of my sister who works at the Australian Embassy, I hadn't really noticed the accent here until I heard another Aussie one, I have noticed theat the Americans often can't understand me...they must be deaf..

On the way to DC from new York I travelled by train and went through 3 states, so I now very well travelled..

I am here till Thursday then back to New York for an hour or 2, then fly to Tennessee to spend 4 days with my sister..

Once again I have sore feet and am sunburnt, but loving it..

Chris

No comments: